Before the NFT craze
It is fair to say that we have already been experienced in conducting an INO; the first time we did it was in 2020. It was the first INO ever done and it has been quite successful as we sold almost 200 nodes. Needless to say, those that have purchased in the ZooBC INO have made the best deal ever! But, if you have missed the ZooBC INO, you still have a chance to join our journey toward decentralization with the DecBC INO!
The number of nodes sold on our first INO was quite impressive considering that non-fungible tokens (NFTs) were not yet mainstream at that time (as we all know, the hype surrounding the NFTs has started to happen only in early 2021), and we did close to no promotion, as ZooBC code has been coded almost until the last few days, and we wanted to be sure to offer a stable system at its launch.
We have also learned a great deal from our first INO in 2020, so we can now strive to make it better. We did use Ethereum for ZooBC INO’s NFTs, in 2020, and while the transactions costs to transfer and register the NFTs at the beginning was ok, it reached insane levels with the hype of DeFi. Paying gas for USD160 just to register data in the NFT is a nonsense. As much as it is a nonsense waiting 9 hours for a transaction to complete.
Still, as smart contracts are irreversible (and good thing they are so), we had to stick to the Ethereum blockchain, and the NFTs representing the nodes that have been sold are all there, available to be seen. How? Simple, follow these instructions:
- Go to: https://etherscan.io/address/0xe705a0ec17735f1d4d72f0bd2e1421fc4a95ea26#readContract
- Scroll to option 13 (getGenesisMessage), as tokenId enter 0 (zero), and press “query”
- You will see the Genesis Block Message the owner of NFT #0 has left. Now open option 11 and do the same thing. This time you will get the account address of the owner of node ID #0.
- Go to https://zoobc.net and search for that account, you will see if it has made transactions or not in the blockchain, and which is the account balance.
The proof of existence of the ZooBC Genesis Block
Once the ZooBC INO had finished, we had the time to collect all the data from the NFTs as they were already immutable and non transferable, and we have created the Genesis Block account using the ZooBC utility zcmd. The two files that make the genesis block (one for the main net and one for the spine blocks) are compiled with the core software users install, but a raw version has been saved here: https://decbc.roberto.network/ZooBC/ZBC-mainnet-genesis.zip. We have also made a proof of existence of this zip file in the Bitcoin blockchain registered with transaction 01549ab9a6afb3606a710413d55ed2ee19cfc3b761b0a6f9e90413af5a6e7607 and visible at https://proofofexistence.com/detail/404e37fdd5ea3330e334ce56cc69974c68722d0bb74717c5ec60eca47bd79f48 (to verify one can download the zip file, see its content, and then drop it into the https://proofofexistence.com home page.
Here are some of the messages forever imprinted in the ZooBC Genesis Block:
- “Blockchain Zoo created ZooBC and ZooBC will create a new Internet”,
- “To Edward Leedskalnin his Coral Castle and his perpetual motion holder and not his sweet sixteen”,
- “Adam Back is a cryptographer and cypherpunk and probably the identity behind Satoshi Nakamoto”,
- “What the mind does not understand it worships or fears”,
- “I bet even Russian Czars never paid that much for a horse”,
- “Every real story is a never ending story”,
- “Strange as it may seem horror loses its power to frighten when repeated too often”,
- “Serve Complete and Empower 8 March 2021”,
- “Veni Vidi Vici”,
- “Trusting a technology without understanding it is not much different than religious faith”,
- “Welcome to ZooBC I love you”,
- “Libertas et Arbitrium”,
- “Be nice to nerds You may end up working for them”,
- “Hey you Yes you who are reading this You are here for a reason Nothing can stop your dreams”,
- “From the Salmons who preceded To the Salmons who will follow”,
- “The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling but in rising every time we fall”,
- “I can still remember a time when I knew more than my phone”,
- “Even if you are not doing anything wrong you are being watched and recorded Edward Snowden”,
- “The amount of concepts that must be understood to make sense of blockchain is overwhelming”,
- “Decentralization is the process of redistributing control away from a central authority”…
Many more are saved in the genesis block for you to discover! Have you found the one here above wile querying Etherscan?
And finally Tuesday, March 30, 2021 @ 3:30:00 PM GMT+08:00 ZooBC Main Net blockchain went live!